- Outdoor Curtains+-
- New Arrivals
Awards & Accolades
Throughout our nearly 40 years in the outdoor-furniture business, weâ€™ve received repeated industry and civic praise for our distinctive design and innovative manufacturing processes. Here are just a few of our favorite mentions, including a couple wonderful honors local to our own native eastern North Carolina:
- Design Excellence Award: Our products have won this prestigious International Casual Furniture & Accessories Market honor on four separate occasions. That includes Hatteras Hammocks bringing home the trendsetting marketâ€™s highest design honor, The Lillian B. Winchester Best in Show Design Excellence Award, in 1990, for our Roman ArcÂ® Cypress Hammock Stand, to this day the most widely copied hammock stand around.
- Merchandising Excellence Award: The Hammock Source, our parent company which began as Hatteras Hammocks in 1971, was honored with this Summer and Casual Furniture Manufacturersâ€™ Association accolade in 2006 and then again in 2007, for our compelling displays and effective product promotion.
- Member Tested Seal of Approval: The National Home Gardening Club gave its biggest pat on the back to our line of quilted hammocks in 2004.
- Manufacturer of the Year: Awarded to parent company The Hammock Source in 2005 by the Pitt County Development Commission for the commitment our Greenville, N.C., family company, which began nearly four decades ago as Hatteras Hammocks, has shown to its community and its workforce.
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Hatteras Hammocks founder Walter R. Perkins Jr. received this award from North Carolina Gov. Jim Hunt in 1992. Even the governorâ€™s office knows you rock, Mr. P.!